Monday, November 7, 2011

BIG changes underway

Big changes come with a new location and even bigger changes come with a new name. Slowly but surely I have been changing my photography business from Stephanie Makosky Photography to Stephanie Veto Photography. It is a lot of work, but it is also very cleansing. It is a chance to clean house and start-a-new; re-edit, refresh, rethink. Soon, I will have two new websites that will better integrate and also separate my editorial and multimedia work from my wedding and portrait work. New marketing materials are also being produced-- logo, business cards, brochures, promo cards and more.

My inspiration for my new logo design is lengthy and a bit goofy. Long story short, I love anything retro, hence the font, design and bright colors. I really like doilies and handmade/crafty styles. I wanted my logo to say something about me as a person as well as a photographer --without being too kitschy.

My color palette was inspired by my wedding colors, which are also my two favorite colors, and some vintage flair. I searched the internet high and low for color and image inspiration. The end design was actually inspired by husband's late grandmother's kitchen canisters from the 60s/70s that I now cherish in my own kitchen. Goofy I know!

The following is a little of my process and the last image is a mock-up of my new logo(s). The top for weddings and the bottom for editorial. The circle logo at the bottom will eventually be a watermark and will be used with promotional material. And I have no clue what I'm going to do with the thing at the bottom, I just like it. :-)


I started off by taking screen grabs of any color or pattern I was attracted to:




































Then I searched for fonts:














































Then I started on my name and the design:
















































Then I changed the font at the last minute :-)


No comments: