Sunday, November 23, 2008

When Something Tragic has an Effect.

It's amazing how much a tragic event can hit a chord inside of you and you really don't know how to react. We are given this amazing gift of creating a life made from our own bodies, but it's sometimes overlooked how a cherished innocent soul can be so easily taken away.

According to the news, a baby was brutally beaten to death over a potty training accident by the 15 year old boyfriend of the mother. The mother, who is 18, is pregnant with another child. It is said, that the baby was often left alone all day so the two could attend high school. They both are being charged for various crimes because of this.

I know the mother. Her name is Cherron, and she appeared to be a decent kid. With one of my classes, I help teach a photography at a local high school. She was one of our students. She always photographed her daughter and enjoyed writing in her journal.

It breaks my heart and I can't really understand any of this. I'm angry. The baby was unrecognizable and died alone. I'm confused and saddened. And i think I feel horrible for Cherron.

Tonight, I went to vigil that was held outside of the home where Imani Jennings was murdered. Here is a short piece I just created:










You can read the full article on syracuse.com HERE

No comments: