Thursday, July 22, 2010

Squeaker






























Today, while walking to our near-by coffee shop to purchase my usual-- a giant rice crispy treat and a bottled water-- I found a stranded duckling in downtown Moline not anywhere near the river. The poor little duck was walking along the street squeaking and searching for its family. They, nor a nest, were no where to be seen. Its size is smaller than my fist and I was worried about it getting hit by a car so, I knocked on a local business's door got a box, put the duckling in it and took it to work.

We quickly found a home for my little buddy on a farm with a lady who has raised ducklings before. She said there's a pond, other ducks and plenty of food. Still, I hope Squeaker is alright and that I made the right decision by taking it.

It was fun having a duck in my office for a few hours too, even though it stunk.

1 comment:

Paula's Blog said...

Thank God you found a home for little squeaker. I don't think Miss Lola would have appreciated it.