Saturday, July 12, 2008

July 12, 2008

Allow me to start off by sayING.... This is why I love what i do. And.... Yes, that's me!While working on a story, everyone at Cherry Valley Motorsports Park, was nice enough to let me try out a kart after the races were over. Talk about really getting to know your story! Thanks Greg, Joe, Jr., Andrew, Stan, Photo Phil, Dave, Chris, Sue, John, and anyone else that I might have forgotten to name (I'm terribly sorry, but thank you too!). Thanks for making my day completely and totally awesome! I can't wait to come back!

I want one!
I really wasn't going that fast...Yes I did wipe out.

*Photos of me by Photo Phil Swetz of New York, New York/"what's it to ya". Thanks Mr. Photo Phil.*

Those buggers can reach top speeds of 75 miles per hour, and they're pretty tricky around corners. Phil said that they can go up to 4 g's around a turn while a tuned up corvette can go about1 or 1.5... Sorry dad.


These are only two of the photos that I shot from the day. Greg Callen had a accident a few years back and lost the ability to use his legs. Greg now races a go-kart specially made so he can control the gas and break on his steering wheel. None of this is really about the go-kart, it's about the ability he possesses to stay strong and have fun. It might have taken a little bit to get back into everything, but now Greg wants to help others with disabilities stay active and know that there is a place for them too. Cool guy if I do say so myself. And, I could keep going but then I'd be rambling. Hopefully, I'm going to do a full story on him, so then you all can understand what I'm trying to say, because words really can't justify..... okay no more typing. He's got a good story. to be continued!
That's Dave Foster helping with a fueling problem in Greg's Kart.


I'm beyond exhausted and I have an early assignment in Caz tomorrow. and then off to work more on my Erie Blvd piece....... yeah. I don't know if any of this post makes sense.

1 comment:

Paula's Blog said...

I love to hear the excitement in your words! Sounds like you really had a blast.