Thursday, July 31, 2008

July 31, 2008


Well, it's the end of July, already. Another month gone and another month to look forward to. Looking back, I really cannot believe the time that has gone by. I'm not sure if i accomplished much, but I am enjoying myself. I've learned a lot about myself and my work, jobs, and money. I may have to deal with a lot of stress and silliness life tends to throw my way, but I've decided that I'll never be rich with money or success or good luck. Yet, I would give that up any day to be rich in love and family, which I'm lucky enough to have. I can't and won't give that up for the world. 
As a photographer, and an overall passionate person, I can't figure out why people don't take photos for themselves. It's like, in order to create something it has to be published. Why? What ever happened to just taking pictures because you love it and can't help it. So what if no one sees it or you're not making money off of it. It's for the love of your art and craft and seeing something that tells your story or seeing something that you just like that matters. I'll never win a millions awards or contests, and who know if i'll ever even last in the business, but non of that matters, because i'll still always take pictures. For me. Why do some people have to save their photography for a "big" story. Or only shoot when they get an assignment? I get more excited over photographs that  I make on my way to assignments rather than some of the jobs I have to shoot. I could go on and on. But, for me, this isn't just some job. It's me. 

1 comment:

Roger said...

Stick to your philosophy. It will serve you well in life.

Roger