Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 27, 2009

Tonight was the Tully Center for Free Speech Award ceremony and I had the ultimate privilege of not only attending the event, but the meet and greet and small dinner for the award recipients. I met terrific people and learned about the current situation in Zimbabwe. Thanks to the recommendation of my professor Jon Glass (thank you so much professor for the opportunity), I had the honor of creating a multimedia piece about one of the award winners, NYT reporter Barry Bearak, who was unable to attend the event. That alone was enlightening, a privilege, and a pleasure to produce his story. Working with Barbara Fought (Thank you Mrs. Fought for trusting me with such an important piece) and the rest of the Tully Center is also something I'm greatly thankful for. It was an outstanding experience and I'll cherish it forever. There isn't much that can wipe the smile off of my face right now. :-) 

OH! and tomorrow... is my first day teaching photography at a local community college here in Syracuse. Talk about exciting!! And nerve racking! I can't WAIT to get back in the darkroom and inspire some young (younger than me) photographers. woo hoo!

5 comments:

Wasim Ahmad said...

Wait ... they want you to teach DARKROOM stuff? Now I'm glad I didn't bite on that job. I'd be very, very bad at film stuff.

Paula's Blog said...

That's fantastic Stephanie! I'm so proud of you!

Stephanie said...

HAHA i spent 4 years in a darkroom, it'll be good to work in one again. The other class offered was a digital one though.

Stephanie said...

Thanks mommy.

Bird said...

Yeayyy Stephie! I'm so happy for you! :)