Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hello Muzungo, How are you!?





Alright so I've been traveling through Uganda for about a week now. The internet is rare and very very slow. I miss blogging so darn much! I cannot believe a week has gone by and there is only one week left. I don't want to leave, it's too soon.
Everything is excellent. We started out in Kampala, drove to Lira, and just arrived in Gulu today. While in Lira, I documented a rehabilitation clinic for physically and mental disabled children. Most of them have suffered severely from Malaria. It was an excellent and enlightening experience. I completely fell in love with all of my kids. Funds are low, so currently the center, owned by Freidis and Christopher, only has 8 children living there and a walk in clinic. They can house and want to help many more. There is so much more I want to write about and show, my experiences, what I've learned, funny moments... But the internet is so slow and I only have 15 min left of it!! ( i had to pay for one hour!)

Funny note, the power was out for 2 and a half days and it will probably go out again very soon. The lights are flickering as i type. It's an interesting place. i absolutely love africa. Eva, Carl, Jamie, Sam, and me are all working so hard and enjoying every minute of it. 

I have so many more photographs, we've been so busy, i haven't really even had a chance to really edit through them! 

1 comment:

Wasim Ahmad said...

Glad to hear it's going well so far! Come back safe.