Friday, March 27, 2009

The North Area Athletic Center


Here is a rough of one of my economy stories. In my mind, there are some key images missing still, and I really need to fix my audio. During my critique it was mentioned that I need to fix my transitions, focus more on boxing, and let the photos stay longer than 3 seconds. I think I need to reword my text slides too. Obviously, it needs more work. My goal is to make an effective piece about the center's after school programs so it's more of an overall approach. The center is a non profit organization and I hope this will be something that they can show to let people know that the center cannot close.
Let me know what you think!


2 comments:

m said...

after watching it, i still have no idea what the place looks like or what the community it's in is like. is there a way to establish a sense of place to provide more context for the story?

also the lead photo of the woman at the table does nothing for me. it just seems like a place holder in between the title slide and that first bit of text.

as i learned by sitting in the BOP multimedia judging at poynter this week, you have 30 seconds to wow the viewer and make them want to watch the rest. ask yourself if you've done that.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the feedback Melissa! That definitely helps.