Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I do what I do because I do what I do... because I do. :-)

These economy stories for class have got me thinking! I have so many story possibilities lined up... but most of them don't fall into our one requirement.... "between the ages of 18-25"...
However, so much is being affected by the economy, I know I'm going to be focusing on it for a while.

I'm starting to feel a sort of activism play into my work and the work that i want to produce in the near future. I know at times we are supposed to remain objective. However, with the current circumstances, I feel like people and organizations and education need a voice that I might be able to give them.

So many budget cuts in all of the wrong areas, so many centers that have a positive impact on our local communities face closure because they can't afford to stay open. it's just not right!


Public schools? Deaf schools? Youth Centers? Homeless shelters? After school programs? Come on people!

No comments: