Friday, February 6, 2009

Radio lab


One of my new favorite shows to listen to in the car is Radio Lab. I discovered while driving to Pennsylvania and searching for a NPR station between Binghamton and Scranton (which is darn near impossible sometimes, and it's like torture when you're listening to the All Things Considered and the station drops and you're like NO NO come back!! And it's gone... I have turned around and pulled over numerous times to get the signal back and finish my news..phew I talk too much). And this delightfully funny and well produced, informative and intriguing  show came on between 7 and 8 PM. They discuss a wide range of topics in a This American Life style with really interesting audio edits. Some of the blending of the audio clashed at times, however, and it was hard to concentrate on the stories. BUT, I was listening through the car radio so that isn't a fair critique. I thoroughly enjoyed the program and even sat in my car to finish listening to it after I arrived home. 
Check out the site on WNYC.org HERE


No comments: